Peniel’s Mission is to teach biblical truths that encourage joyful followers of Christ. As a result of this mission, there will be some often-repeated emphases in Peniel's teaching. At the same time there is a consistent aim to remain true to the whole counsel of God revealed in His Word, and to present its message in a way that will encourage a wholesome, well-rounded Christian experience.
- The glory, holiness, love and grace of the Triune God.
- The reality and depth of our sin.
- The necessity and joy of knowing Jesus Christ as Savior and Master.
- Our union with Christ in His death, resurrection, and His victory over Satan and the guilt and power of sin.
- Fellowship with the Holy Spirit Who sanctifies, helps, guides and comforts, us and the Church.
- The role of Scripture and Spirit-led prayer to promote personal growth and a fruitful walk with God.
- Our need to resist the devil in the name and power of Christ.
- The call to be loving agents of reconciliation and peace in the church and in the world.
On the basis of these affirmations we seek to:
- Present the Good News of Jesus Christ to unbelievers.
- Enable believers to move toward their full spiritual potential; to lead them to growing fellowship with God.
- Strengthen and renew the body of Christ in communion with its Head and in community with its members.
- Equip Christian for prayer and action in the service of God's kingdom
We desire to serve all those in whom God has awakened a spiritual hunger, but we sense a special calling to:
- disciple youth and young adults
- encourage ministers of the Word and help them renew their churches
- equip lay leaders for effective ministry
- strengthen Christian families
We pursue these aims through corporate worship, ministry of the Word, theological reflection, group and individual counseling, and prayer - all in an atmosphere of celebration.